Sunday, August 15, 2010

11 Weeks

3 weeks since my last blog entry. Yikes. I have been brought down by first trimester symptoms and an untimely cold. But here I am, just past the 11 week mark, and almost into my second trimester. Good stuff, I can’t wait. I have a loooong 'to-do' list waiting for me when I feel better!

Two weeks ago we had our 10 week doctor appointment. The most exciting part was when we heard the baby's strong heartbeat of 172bpm. That beautiful woosh woosh woosh sound has let me breathe much easier these past couple of weeks.

Besides the doctor appointment, I haven’t done much of anything. I go to work, come home exhausted, eat dinner, and go to bed. Weekends lately have been for getting even more sleep, I can’t seem to get enough! This second trimester energy surge cannot come soon enough!!

When I am not sleeping, eating, or working, I have been reading up a storm, here is what I’ve been reading… lots of crazy stuff goes into making a baby!


Our little one already has quite a collection of toys and pajamas for when it arrives, thanks to generous gifts it has already received from family! It is so crazy to see baby stuff in our apartment, and know it is not a gift for someone else. It is a fun reminder about what is going on! Here is what the little one has waiting for him/her:


And while I'm doing pictures, here is the shirt we got for my nice. It is a size 2T, since I hear she is growing like crazy!




Week 11 of Pregnancy:

How far along? 11 Weeks, 2 days
Weight gain/loss: As of two weeks ago, I had gained a pound. I am sure I have gained another one by now (at least). I am always hungry!
Maternity clothes? Nope, but I have broken out the belly band my sister-in-law Heather lent me. Soooo comfortable, thanks!
Stretch marks? Nope, not yet.
Sleep? Cannot. Get. Enough.
Best moment this week? I noticed a little bump for the first time, a coworker actually pointed it out to me. I swear it wasn’t there when I got dressed in the morning, and all of a sudden, that same afternoon, there it was.
Food cravings: VJ mentioned these donuts from the farmers market by where he works – ever since he did, I NEEDED them. He didn’t think I was serious, but I made it clear that it was in his best interest to bring some home from me. He did, and they were SO good.

Gender: Not sure yet, we should find out in about 9 weeks.
Belly button in or out? Still in.
Movement? According to the books, the baby is moving like crazy in there. I can’t feel it yet, though.
What I miss? For the first time, it isn’t wine. I miss that, of course, but I miss feeling human more! I feel useless these days, and can’t wait to have some energy!

What I'm looking forward to: Taking a nap after I post this entry!!
Milestones: Our baby’s is the size of a lime now, and all of its major organs are formed! So crazy…

No comments:

Post a Comment