Saturday, July 10, 2010

First Dr Appointment and Week 6 Update

Yesterday marked the beginning of week 6. Our baby is the size of a sweet pea now, much bigger than the poppy seed it was 2 weeks ago! We went to our first Dr appointment on Thursday. I was pretty nervous all week, so I decided to make an Acupuncture appointment right before my OB appointment. What a great idea that was! Dr. Loh was incredible, he gave me a big hug when I gave him my news. I asked him what I should do over the next few months to ensure a healthy pregnancy. His advice was to keep it simple, to relax and focus on remaining calm. Good advice, let’s see if I can actually follow it.

After my relaxing acupuncture appointment, I headed over to my OB’s office. VJ was already there, much to my surprise. I figured he’d be on ‘Filipino Time’ or ’15 minutes late’. The appointment wasn’t very exciting. The Dr just examined me and answered questions VJ and I were shooting at her like a parents-to-be firing squad. She was great, so patient and upbeat. She officially got on my good side when she confirmed that the book ‘What to Eat When Expecting’ was incorrect, I am allowed to eat more than one piece of cake a month, and yes, I in fact can eat chocolate. She was already on my good side when she gave me another nugget of good news – I can drink my morning cup of coffee. Ok, this pregnancy just got a lot more pleasant for all involved! VJ and I excitedly took the script she gave us for an ultrasound in 2 weeks, made our next OB appointment, which is in 4 weeks, and headed off to dinner.

6th Week Update:
How far along? 6 Weeks

Weight gain/loss: None yet. I got my offical 'starting weight' of 97 lbs at the Dr appt, though.

Maternity clothes? Nope

Stretch marks? Nope

Sleep? I am constantly exhausted. It isn’t even a normal exhaustion, it is this dizzying, sleep walking feeling. I take naps at my desk over lunch, I can’t wait to go home, so I can sleep some more. I just hope I have a job at the end of this first trimester, since I am working at a snail’s pace. Throw in 4 – 5 pee breaks an hour, and I am not exactly the picture of efficiency.

Best moment this week? Hearing that we get to see our baby in 2 weeks!

Food cravings: Not many cravings, but honey nut cheerios are never further than an arm’s length away. Even at 3am when I wake up to my stomach growling.

Gender: Not sure yet.

Belly button in or out? In

Movement? Nope

What I miss? Wine!!! Yes, I know this was last week’s thing… but I still really miss my nightly glass of red wine!!

What I'm looking forward to: sleeping tonight!!

Weekly wisdom: I need to stay calm. My body knows how to make a baby, and all I have to do is relax.

Milestones: Our baby’s heart is beating!

1 comment:

  1. Honey Nut Cheerios - every single time I smell them I am immediately thrown back in time to when Heather was pregnant. She started at regular cheerios, then honey nut, and, finally, apple cinnamon brought her home... I even freaked out a kid in class when she was eating cheerios in class telling that story - she switched to fruit loops from there on out. Wise decision in my book!

    ReplyDelete